I know I will not be missing The Chica Show today....my son has been reminding me for two days. When I asked him this morning what time it was on he even knew. Don't miss it on Sprout at 11:30 ET/10:30CT.
Starring Chica the Chicken, popular host from Sprout’s hit The Sunny Side Up Show, The Chica Show promotes social-emotional development in preschoolers through creative playPhiladelphia, PA, October 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — 24-hour preschool television channel Sprout is set to premiere its newest original series, The Chica Show (26 × 11’ episodes), on Saturday, November 24 at 11:30 a.m. ET, with encore presentations at 5:30 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. ET. Promoting social-emotional development in preschoolers through creative play, The Chica Show is a mix of live action and animation that follows the imaginative adventures of Chica and her cast of friends (including Stitches, an animated character voiced by Mario Lopez) as they explore all the whimsical, humorous costumes and accessories in the Costume Coop – a playful shop filled with every costume imaginable. Each episode takes the viewer on a journey into Chica’s imagination where problems are solved, questions are answered and adventure filled lands are explored. Chica helps her mom and dad in the Costume Coop, and when it closes, she and her friends magically transform into animated characters and set off on adventures that offer teachable moments for preschoolers – whether it’s going undersea to learn more about clean-up time, embarking on a voyage with Vikings to discover why manners are important, or even jetting off to a rock star concert to discover why practice makes perfect.
“Chica had become such a superstar on The Sunny Side Up Show, that it only made sense to give her the starring role in her own show,” said Andrew Beecham, senior vice president of programming at Sprout. “As host of our live morning show, Chica receives thousands of interactions from fans every month in the form of emails, photos, birthday cards and weather reports, and she has quickly become one of preschool television’s most beloved characters.”
Sprout’s recent online contest, “The Chica Show Squeakstakes” received nearly 400,000 submissions from viewers who voted for their favorite Chica outfit and a chance to win a trip to this year’s 86th Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade®.
Executive produced by Beecham and Lisa O’Brien, Sprout’s vice president of original programing and development, The Chica Show’s characters include:
- Chica the Chicken – Chica is a lovable, huggable four-year-old chicken who loves making new friends, laughing and playing. Dressing up is one of her favorite things to do, and a shop full of costumes is this preschooler’s dream come true.
- Kelly – Kelly loves to laugh, sing and play, and like a best friend, she is always there for Chica with a hug and kind word to share. She loves to work alongside Chica and her family at The Costume Coop. Her fun personality ensures customers leave with a smile. Adventures are guaranteed with Kelly and Chica in a shop full of costumes.
- Chica’s Mom and Dad – They love to sing, they love to dance and they especially love their sweet pea Chica. This dynamic duo welcomes customers and viewers with open wings and big brock-a-doodle smiles.
- Stitches – This loveable, huggable rag doll sits in The Costume Coop window and springs to life to join his friends for animated adventures. Stitches, voiced by Mario Lopez, is a sensitive, loyal friend with a warm heart and a wonderful outlook on life.
- Bunji – Bunji is every preschooler’s perfect pet – a sweet, fluffy, lionhead rabbit that lives in a fantastical house in The Costume Coop. When Bunji gets animated, he takes charge as a hilarious leader with an infectious laugh.
- Sproutlets and their Families (human characters) – In each episode, the viewer will meet real preschoolers and their families who are walking around the shop. You never know who might show up at the Costume Coop. Sometimes the guests will ask a question or make a request that sets off the next adventure.
About Sprout®Available in over 50 million homes, Sprout is the first 24-hour preschool destination available on TV, on demand and online for children ages 2-5 and their parents and caregivers. The 24-hour digital channel, which launched in September 2005 along with the website (SproutOnline.com), is the only channel that follows the day of a preschooler from breakfast to bedtime with its distinctive, interactive programming and original hosted blocks. Sprout’s VOD offering is the #1 on demand service for younger children with over one billion views.